WELCOME TO MY SUMMER... SIT BACK. RELAX. PICK A SONG. ENJOY THE BLOG.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, June 12, 2011

ADIOS, ANTONIO...

So, there's a part of me that says I shouldn't be posting this because it's about a great kid that I only got to know for about two months out of the whole year he spent here in Mesa... sad.
Well, this is for our dear friend, Antonio, who just flew back toVenezuela yesterday. And there's no doubt that we all miss him.
Luckily, he was able to hold a good-bye party, so it was loads of fun to be able to hangout with Antonio for the last time. As a little piece of the party, me and my friend Abbeney had "secretly" practiced a song that we wanted to perform for Antonio at this event. The song that we sang for him was "Rhythm of Love" by Plain White T's (great song, I must say,) and it was awesome to get everyone to sing along to it, also.
"We may only have tonight, but till the morning sun, you're mine, all mine;
Play the music low, and sway to the rhythm of love..."

It was a bittersweet tribute to our friend Antonio, and we're glad that he was able to enjoy it just as much as everybody else. And, I have to add, I'm very pleased I got to sing with Abbeney; it was great (:

The rest of the night was awesome; we all got to do karaoke to all kinds of songs (from Johnny Cash to Mika; from Alicia Keys to Regina Spektor) as well as have a legitimate jam session, which was the highlight of my night. The family that held the party at their house were all very musical, which is definitely MY kind of family! I loved singing different songs with them, along with my friends Bryson and Nathan that played ukuleles; but what made it so great was singing with everybody in the room, and it just brought such an incredible feeling into there which really touched my heart (: That, my friends, is why I absolutely love the power of music, and I'm especially grateful for those that Heavenly Father has blessed with great musical talents to share with one another and create something beautiful... There's nothing like it. <3

After the jam session, I had to leave, but not without saying my final goodbye to Antonio! It was sad to drive away and know that he'd be leaving back for his country the next day, but I'm glad I got to at least get to know him for his last two months in the US...
Know that you will be greatly missed, my Venezuelan friend.

...Oh, and I almost forgot! Hallie was so kind enough to tape both the song that Abbeney and I sang as well as Antonio's goodbye speech, and I felt obliged to mix them together and put them up here! I hope you guys enjoy it! (Haha, apologies for the shaky quality of the video, says Hallie...) 

No comments:

Post a Comment